Spanish Subtitles available – translated by Bratzo Barrena
In this exclusive 2003 workshop, Systema founder, Mikhail Ryabko, presents the theory and practice of training and teaching Systema.
- What mindset to have in class
- How to sense your students, your setting, and what to teach
- What to start your training with and how to progress
- The difference between an instructor and a participant
- Balance between confidence, pride and encouragement
- How to engage students, yet not show off
- Ways to communicate and evaluate students
- Handling a student with attitude
- Calming down an uncooperative student without intimidation
- Assistant instructor, proper teaching and dignity
- Best age to start training
- Ways to avoid aggression for kids
- If your student is a criminal
- A student with mental or physical illness
- Working against a bigger opponent
- Controlling the class with your voice
- Who to choose for demonstrations
- How to teach strikes and protect yourself from rebound
- Strikes – surface to deep, subtle, internal, proper dosage
- Importance of breathing, pushes, use of legs, controlling the attacker’s space
- Fluid knife disarming, rhythm, effectiveness and fullness of movement
- Theory and practice – the extent to which skill is needed for a teacher and ways to perfect it
For our Russian speaking viewers:
All explanations in this film are in both languages – English and Russian.
Все обьяснения в фильме – сохранены и на русском, и на английском языках.
1 hour 3 min
Support the tradition of strong spirit, profound knowledge, and dedication to training. Be a sponsor or request to be sponsored through Mikhail Ryabko Warrior’s Legacy Scholarship Fund.