by Vladimir Vasiliev
Spanish translation by Bratzo Barrena available
The challenge of personal protection work goes far beyond the self defense scenarios.
Efficient VIP protection requires a diverse mastery:
- Your swift understanding of the threat, the partners you are working with, your principal and your own capabilities.
- Your skill to fully control the movements of the attackers, the principal and yourself.
In these short lessons, Vladimir Vasiliev offers professional knowledge and practical drills essential for both civilians and experts.
Lesson 1 includes the topics of:
- Attributes of a Bodyguard
- Discrete Trailing
- Move Assailant Offline
- Direct Principal
- Move Through Linear Groups
- Lead with Body Contact
- Knife in a Group
- Deal with Strikes Directed at Principal
- Non-Destructive Takedowns
- Direct Principal Using Their Neck
- Disrupt Knife Deployment
- Disrupt Edged Weapon Attacks
- Discreet Verbal Commands
Running time: 36 min
Marcos Carpio –
The bodyguard seminar was phenomenal.
Kenneth Dekleva –
I greatly enjoyed the Bodyguard seminar. It highlighted basic, common-sense concepts, which are fundamental to Systema as well as different types of personal protection. Most students who are not in the fields of law enforcement, military, or executive protection can still find much value in the topics. I especially liked the drills with partners as well as the sensitivity training drills. I felt that such drills can help one improve one’s situational awareness. This course should be taught to non-martial artists as well. Sadly, today in the United States, it’s not out of the real possibility to encounter ‘active shooter’ scenarios in the workplace, other venues (malls, sports events, concerts), or at school (while dropping off or picking up one’s children). The situational awareness skills could literally be life-saving.
Austin Schwartz –
What a great video!! Spasibo. I look forward to Lesson 2.