by Vladimir Vasiliev
Strikes preparation without a partner is a very different and profound type of training.
The two fundamentals of delivering and taking strikes are strong and adaptable body structure and psyche.
In this film, Vladimir teaches you to connect your fists to your body and to your internal power and stamina.
He takes you though the practical drills that you can easily practice solo:
– Audible breathing to exhale tension and control your ability to vocalize in a conflict
– Sharp mid-range transitions to replicate a punch impact
– Strike-like-you-walk, where tension in the fist can feel the same as in the feet during walking
– Developing rotated punches
– Tension-free pushes and precise strikes
– Moving through tension and discomfort to reveal what prevents you from hitting hard
Running time: 45 minutes