Ryo Onishi is the head instructor at Systema Osaka. He has vast experience since 2006, training regularly with both Systema founders, Mikhail Ryabko and Vladimir Vasiliev in Moscow, Toronto, Tokyo and Osaka.
In this unique production, Ryo Onishi was a special guest instructor at Systema HQ Toronto.
He presented a class on how to work with our reflex reaction of tension to gain powerful impact in strikes and takedowns.
Watch, practice and learn.
- Finger crawl and tension-free crawling
- Deep stretch and light breath
- Localize tension to the muscle groups you need
- Avoid tension in the shoulders and hips
- Generate punches and takedowns from relaxation
- Utilize the rebound of strikes
- Work ahead of the opponent, even if moving at slower speed
Running time: 46 min.
Also by Ryo Onishi: From Relaxation to Power
Vladimir Vasiliev –
Ryo picked a very interesting topic and did an excellent presentation of it. He has a very deep understanding, real skill, as well as calmness and humility. It is highly recommended to study from this great instructor.
Great film! Highly recommend!
Benoît HAURAY –
As always Ryo shows amazing skills and humility at the same time. What I found on this video is his ability to demonstrate clearly what he is explaining and even through the screen you can feel the power behind every movement.
I recommend this film to everyone who are interested to increase their skills in any part of their jouŕney into Systema and life.