Ryo Onishi is the head instructor at Systema Osaka. He has vast experience since 2006, training regularly with both Systema founders, Mikhail Ryabko and Vladimir Vasiliev in Moscow, Toronto, Tokyo and Osaka.
In this unique production, Ryo Onishi was a special guest instructor at Systema HQ Toronto.
He presented a class on how to work with our reflex reaction of tension to gain powerful impact in strikes and takedowns.
Watch, practice and learn.
- Finger crawl and tension-free crawling
- Deep stretch and light breath
- Localize tension to the muscle groups you need
- Avoid tension in the shoulders and hips
- Generate punches and takedowns from relaxation
- Utilize the rebound of strikes
- Work ahead of the opponent, even if moving at slower speed
Running time: 46 min.
Also by Ryo Onishi: From Relaxation to Power