SOUL & SPIRIT with Rev. Fr. Vladimir
With all the hardships people are now facing, there seems to be more interest in spiritual comfort and answers.
For the first time, Systema HQ Toronto hosted a spiritual Q&A session with a special guest, Father Vladimir Malchenko, the Very Rev. Mitred Archpriest and Rector of The Holy Trinity Russian Orthodox Church in Toronto.
Father Vladimir is a graduate of the Holy Trinity Orthodox Seminary in Jordanville, New York. He was ordained to the Holy Priesthood in 1973 and has always been with the Holy Trinity parish in Toronto. Throughout the years of Father Vladimir being the prior, the Holy Trinity parish has become the biggest Russian Orthodox Church outside of Russia. Prior to COVID, about half a thousand people usually gathered in this church for every Divine Liturgy, and even more for Holidays. Father Vladimir has been serving the Liturgies and Vesper Services almost every day and is in charge of the church school for children. For his outstanding diligence, dedication and hard work, the Mitred Archpriest Vladimir Malchenko received multiple awards such as the Church Order “The Sign”, Third Degree.
Father Vladimir has been a very big support and inspiration for Systema HQ Toronto, a true kind and wise friend to Systema founders and many practitioners.
Proceeds from this session will be donated to the Holy Trinity Russian Orthodox Church Toronto.
Father Vladimir provided insightful answers to the following questions:
- If God exists why is there so much suffering in the world?
- How do we justify self-defense if we should ‘turn the other cheek’?
- What is the best balance between grief and moving on with your life when someone close passes away?
- How to view the situation when someone takes their own life?
- How to keep the faith if your prayers are not answered?
- What is Orthodoxy?
- How is Orthodoxy different from Catholic and Protestant Christianity?
- What are useful sources of information for someone who would like to learn more about Orthodoxy?
- How can Systema help a person’s soul?
- How can we encourage someone who is deeply depressed or contemplating suicide?
- What is the best way to view illness and injury?
- How to keep the heart clean and not get cynical if work forces us to deal with people’s darker nature?
- Is there anything in the Bible that would tell us if we should take the vaccine or not?
- How does the Orthodox Church look at other religions?
Enjoy this session in video format, audio file, or both!
Also available in physical MP4 format.
Running time: 1hr 3min – video | 1hr 2min – audio